This course builds the skills and confidence of NGO managers and staff to prevent, detect and respond to fraud, making sure the organisation’s resources get to where they are most needed.
Date: 06 to 07 December 2018
Time: 06:00 to 15:00
Venue: Johannesburg, South Africa
This course is designed for NGO staff whose job is to proactively manage the risk of fraud in their organisations, such as:
- Senior managers of national NGOs, such as Programme, Operations and Finance Managers
- Staff in international NGOs who work with local partners, such as Desk Officers and Programme Managers
The course is most relevant to NGOs with more than 12 to 15 staff or an annual budget greater than USD 350,000. It may also be of interest to NGO internal auditors.
- Explain what fraud is, and is not, and why people commit fraud
- Assess fraud risk in your programmes, and develop controls to respond to the risks
- Detect fraud should it occur, including setting up a ‘speaking up’ hotline
- Set up and provide guidance for a Fraud Response Team
- Effectively manage incidences of fraud, or allegations of fraud, taking actions which are appropriate, fair and firm
- Appreciate the benefits of fighting fraud, and being open with donors and staff if fraud happens
Our training puts the learner at the center, using practical and fun learning activities supported by easy-to-use materials. Humentum shares tools and techniques that can be immediately used in your work.
Humentum Learning Promise
Provide accessible learning solutions for those creating social impact. Our practical expertise will inspire and equip your organisation to meet challenges in a changing world.
For more information refer to https://www.humentum.org/training/fighting-fraud-ngos-42