Southern Hemisphere Consultants
In a rapidly changing world we need to find new ways to engage with wicked problems and stimulate innovation. Design thinking is a particularly useful process at management level for strategic planning and change management because it allows for separation from what we think we know (habitual thinking) so that you can solve the real needs of our stakeholders. Design thinking takes us out of our comfort zones to provide new ways of understanding a challenge or opportunity and generating innovative solutions.
Design thinking is a systematic creative process, methodology and set of tools used to explore, define and innovate around business, organisational or development challenges. These may be complex systemic challenges that may take several months to unpack or a short process to encourage broad creative thinking around a smaller challenge over a few hours. Working with multidisciplinary teams, design thinking brings the stakeholders both internally and externally into the process and allows for multiple perspectives.
Design thinking is a particularly useful process for bridging the gap between accountability and learning. Where research, monitoring and evaluation produce results, findings and data, design thinking helps to translate this into learning.
Date: 7 to 8 November 2018
Venue: Cape Town
Cost: R 4 695.65 (exclude VAT) or R 5 400 (include VAT) per participant (incl. comprehensive course materials, refreshments and lunch, certificate). Special discounts apply for groups of three people or more, and 10% early bird registration applies (1 October 2018)
- Working with multidisciplinary teams
- Divergent and convergent processes
- A human centered approach
- Creative thinking
The two-day workshop will take participants through a solution finding process using design thinking and creative thinking methodologies and tools. Participants will experience a hands-on approach to design led thinking and creative problem solving. Opportunities for reflection on the process and learning from experience will be key to the workshop methodology.
Participants will have:
- An understanding of the design thinking process
- Experience of a creative thinking process
- Increased confidence around the application of design thinking
- Experience of design thinking tools: journey mapping, context and stakeholder map, value network and persona mapping.
- A range of tools used to stimulate creative thinking (ideation)
Who should attend?
- Organisational leadership
- Organisational Development practitioners
- Social development practitioners
- Product developers
- Strategic planners
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Practitioners / Managers / Consultants
For more information refer to https://reliefweb.int/training/2770204/new-design-thinking-workshop