Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
This two-day scientific training workshop aims to provide research tools, networking, and funding resources for young, local investigators in the HIV prevention field.
Date: 8 to 9 October 2018
Venue: The River Club, Cape Town, South Africa
Lunch and refreshments provided
Deadline for application: Friday, 7 September 2018
The workshop will provide cutting-edge information and demonstrations through plenary sessions including :
- Addressing gaps in current PrEP and MPT research
- Developing next-generation products for HIV prevention
- Novel measures of PrEP product safety and adherence
- Understanding how end-user research can impact product development and clinical trial design
Participants will gain hands-on training during breakout sessions in:
- Laboratory endpoints of clinical studies
- Phase I clinical trial design and implementation
- Human-centred research methodologies
Applications are open to researchers, scientists, laboratory workers, students and anyone else interested in the field.
Note that all applications will go through a review process by the organising committee.
To apply please send your CV and application form to Innovation.Workshop@hiv-research.org.za