Institute for the Advancement of Journalism (IAJ)
The Institute for the Advancement of Journalism (IAJ) is South Africa’s premier provider of short courses and residency programmes for journalists, communicators and media practitioners.
IAJ will be running a Writing Masterclass course during the month of September.
Date: 11 to 12 September 2018
Writing Masterclass is for people who have the basics and seek the edge. If you worry that your readers’ eyes glaze over while you are telling them the facts… Masterclass. If you have a fan-club but can’t find new readers… Masterclass. If you are fine on the news pages but hanker for a column… Masterclass. If you are sukkeling with issues like where the dictionary rules and where you say it like the people say it… Masterclass. If your thought-pieces end with whimpers while you’re looking for wallops… Masterclass.
Do you talk a great story but it jams on the way to the page? Ah, then you are a person to roll up for some hefty enquiring into how to
- Detect where your writing strengths lie, and kick them into action
- Detect where your weaknesses are skulking, and wrestle them into surrender
- Find copy that sings in a tune that not only your lover can hear, but your editor, too
- Find confidence to tackle the tasks that have always looked a rung too high
- Locate the bridge that takes what’s in your mind to what’s on your screen
- Locate the border between gravity and levity and make use of both