All NGO staff have an important role to play in ensuring effective and proper use of financial resources during programme implementation. During this five-day course, you will learn the key principles of good financial management and how to apply them in your workplace. Designed in a highly participatory style, this course will build your skills and confidence in how to:
- Integrate good financial management systems into operations management
- Manage and control financial resources more efficiently and effectively
During the course participants will gain the knowledge and skills needed for the FMD Pro 1 certification examination.
Date: 25 to 29 June 2018
Time: 08:30am to 17:00pm
Venue: Istanbul, Turkey
Who should attend
This course is primarily aimed at staff in small to medium-sized NGOs who are involved in programme implementation and/or the management and control of financial resources.
It is designed specifically for:
- Non-financial managers and officers who want to improve practice in financial planning, control and reporting
- Finance officers interested in developing their financial management skills and knowledge to improve finance systems and support for programme staff
Previous financial management experience or training is not a requirement for this course.
What you will learn
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe key tools and concepts which help an organisation achieve good practice in financial management
- Build and use effective budgets, including project and donor budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Explain which accounting records your organisation needs to keep and why
- Describe the key processes and methods used to keep accounting records
- Use financial reports to monitor project performance and identify actions to keep project finances on track
- Explain how internal controls protect NGO assets and minimize the risk and impact of fraud and errors
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of your NGO’s financial management system
FMD Pro 1 is a new financial management certification program for project and program staff working in the development sector. To take the FMD Pro 1 certification exam on the final day of the workshop, you will need to bring a laptop with the ability to connect to Wi-Fi.
Humentum Learning Promise
We provide accessible learning solutions for those creating social impact. Our practical expertise will inspire and equip your organisation to meet challenges in a changing world.
For more information refer to https://www.humentum.org/training/fmd-pro-1-essentials-financial-managem...