This workshop will equip you with the tools and know-how to assess your partner organisations’ financial systems, capacity and resources, to help make decisions on funding and other support.
Date: 05 to 06 July 2018
Time: 09:00am to 17:00pm
Venue: Dublin, Ireland
This course is designed for staff in NGOs and funding agencies whose role includes assessing potential and existing partner organisations’ financial capacity to manage project funds.
For those with no previous financial management experience or training, it is recommended that they first attend the companion course – Financial Management for Programme Staff.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Explain key financial management challenges facing partners, and the consequences and risks for programme implementation
- Describe best practice financial management models and assessment frameworks
- List the key financial roles and responsibilities for a governing body and the signs of weak financial governance.
- Analyse partners’ audited financial statements including reviewing the auditor opinion and calculating financial ratios
- Prepare for a partner site visit to assess finance systems and practices
- Perform a ‘due diligence’ review for a partner organisation, using a checklist approach to identify key risks, conclusions and actions
Our training puts the learner at the center, using practical and fun learning activities supported by easy-to-use materials. We share tools and techniques that can be immediately used in your work.
Humentum Learning Promise
For more information refer to https://www.humentum.org/training/assessing-your-partners-financial-heal...