Plan International USA
The confident facilitator: A workshop for young professional women
The WomenLead Institute's June Workshop
At some point in your career you have been asked or you will be asked to facilitate a group discussion or learning event. This might be something as simple as leading a staff meeting or as challenging as designing and facilitating a multi-day strategic planning process.
This unique, highly participatory, four-day workshop will help you become a better, more inclusive leader; one who promotes new ideas and makes others feel included. It combines key elements of Plan’s renowned women’s leadership program with its highly-acclaimed facilitation skills trainings. The dynamic and supportive environment provides a place for you to learn, practice new skills, and receive immediate feedback from your peers and trainers.
Date: 5 June to 8 June 2018
Time: 09:00am to 17:00pm
Venue: Plan International USA, 1255 23rd St NW Suite 300, Washington, District of Columbia, 20037 United States
- Confidence building strategies to lead more effectively
- An assessment of personal learning styles and facilitation strategies for each style
- A solid theoretical foundation on principles and concepts of adult learning and participatory facilitation methods bedrock skills that can be applied to any context
- Trusted techniques, tips, and tactics to manage various group dynamics and other challenging situations
- The opportunity to practice facilitating on camera and receive constructive feedback from experts and peers
The WomenLead Institute at Plan International USA
Plan International USA’s WomenLead Institute brings more than 40 years of global experience designing and leading workshops across a range of topics, including personal leadership, project management, strategic planning, advocacy, training of trainers, and facilitation. Our experienced trainers design and deliver trainings that are highly participatory, practical and hands-on, and our team prides itself on creating fun and supportive learning environments that leave participants better prepared and more confident in their abilities.
Registration Deadline: May 21, 2018
Space is limited, so please register at your earliest convenience
Must be paid in full at time of registration.
Please Note: Cancellations made before one week of the start date will be refunded at 50%. No refunds will be given for cancellations within one week of the start date.
For registration or event questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org