SDN and African Sustainability Academy
Sustainable Development Network and African Sustainability Academy
Certificate Course in Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
Date: 17 April 2018
Time: 08:30 to 16:30
Venue: Rosebank Union Church in Sandton. Corner William Nicol and St Andrews Rd, Hurlingham, Sandton
Increasingly, donors and corporates are choosing to partner with NGOs that can show proven impact. Furthermore, donors expect feedback on project processes and progress in order to evaluate success, failure and lessons learned. In order to measure impact, monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER) strategies need to be in place. Many NGOs struggle to understand how to effectively monitor project and programme processes, how to develop indicators to measure results and how to report on outputs, outcomes and impact to donors. For these reasons, this workshop sets out to achieve the following:
- To understand the value of MER in the NGO environment
- To define common MER terms (outputs, outcomes, impact, domains, indicators, etc)
- To understand how to collect and evaluate data
- To understand monitoring and evaluation tools and techniques
- To establish an MER strategy that can measure organisational sustainability in NGOs
- To understand how to use data and Monitoring and Evaluation tools to write effective reports
- To network with other NGOs and learn from their MER experience
Executive and finance directors, fundraisers, programme and project leaders, MER staff, business development and support staff involved with MER.
The workshop includes formal presentations, discussions, group work and exercises.
Session 1: The need for MER / MER Definitions / Types of MER
Session 2: Data collection / MER Tools and Techniques / practical
Session 3: Domains and indicators for organisational sustainability / practical
Session 4: How to write effective reports
All presentations and supplemental resources will be made available to each participant. Additional worksheets and hand-outs will also be provided.
Early Bird Registration (payments made before 6 April): R1,125 per person per day.
Late Registration (after 6 April): R1,325
Cancellation fees apply.
For more information refer to sdnafrica.org