INCOME-GENERATION FOR NON-PROFITS
Using social enterprise thinking and models to achieve financial sustainability
Monday, 7 May 2018
10h30 – 17h00
The Wanderers Club, Illovo, Johannesburg
Presented by Social Enterprise Academy in partnership with Trialogue
With approximately 170 000 non-profit organisations registered in South Africa, donor funding is growing increasingly competitive. For many organisations looking to sustain or scale operations, self-generated income is seen as an important piece of the puzzle: a way to increase overall income, as well as to leverage match funding. In fact, according to a recent Trialogue survey, self-generated income accounted for the highest income growth for NPOs.
This masterclass will enable non-profits to explore financial sustainability through an income-generation model, drawing on best practice from within South Africa and around the world. The session is also highly relevant for CSI practitioners who are interested in funding sustainable models of impact, in order to unlock greater long-term impact.
Masterclass attendees will:
- Identify trends driving the sustainability imperative in South Africa
- Assess their own current levels of financial sustainability
- Develop a socially-enterprising mindset
- Explore local and international income-generation models, as well as the potential of income-generation for their own organisations
- Develop a sustainability strategy with buy-in from key stakeholders
Register for the Income-generation for non-profits masterclass here: http://www.exbo.co.za/REG/dynamic_forms/generated_forms/bis_2018_register.php
This masterclass forms part of The Trialogue Business in Society pre-conference line-up. Visit the Trialogue website for more information about the full programme: http://trialogue.co.za/trialogue-business-society-conference-2018/ or email email@example.com