Southern Hemisphere’s Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning for Development Projects course will be run in Cape Town on 5 – 9 March 2018. We hope that you will join us on this very popular training course or pass the info on to others who may benefit.
The objective of this course is to equip development practitioners with the knowledge and expertise to conduct planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning or to guide project partners. A key objective is to increase the capacity of the development sector to deliver and measure project outcomes that are efficient and effective.
Having completed the course the participant will have:
- An appreciation of the purpose, benefits and key concepts in planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning
- An understanding of the importance of integrating monitoring, evaluation and learning in the project cycle
- Knowledge of how to plan a project and develop a monitoring, evaluation and learning plan using the Logical Framework Approach
- Knowledge of the different types and stages of evaluation
- A basic knowledge of data collection and analysis techniques
- Appreciation of data utilization and learning for improvement
Participants will leave the course with:
Knowledge and skills of how to plan a development project, using the Logical Framework Approach, and how to design a monitoring, evaluation and learning plan.
|Cost of course (by 20 February 2018)||R 13,500 inclusive|
|Early bird registration and payment by 1 February 2018||10% discount|
|If three or more register from the same organisation||Further 10% discount per participant|
Training calendar for 2018
|Course Title||Dates||Location||Early bird/ final registration dates||Full cost (incl. VAT)|
|Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning for Development Projects||5 - 9 March||Cape Town||1 February / 20 February||R 13,500|
|Theory of Change||15 – 16 May||Cape Town||2 April / 20 April||R 5,300|
|Implementing a Results-Based MEL system||4 - 6 September||Johannesburg||1 August / 17 August||R 9,600|
|Designing and managing evaluations||16 – 18 October||Johannesburg||31 August / 21 September||R 9,600|
Webinar series for January to June 2018
Our webinar topics are centred around the four phases within the Planning, Monitoring, Evaluating and Learning Cycle: Defining your project or programme, Measuring, Learning and Improving. The first 7 months of 2018 will focus on “Measuring” and “Learning”.
Dates: Webinars are conducted on the last Wednesday of every month, starting February 2018, at 3pm (CEST).
Costs: R400 per webinar
Topics to be covered in 2018:
- Overview of Different Programme Design and Planning Tools (28 February)
- Electronic Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Systems (28 March)
- Evaluative Thinking (25 April)
- Analysing qualitative data (30 May)
- Introduction to quantitative data analysis (27 June)
- Structuring an evaluation report and writing a good case study (25 July)
- Data visualisation (29 August)
- Implementing learning systems in an organisation (26 September)
- Strategic planning (31 October)
- Adaptive management: how to use evidence to inform planning and decision-making (28 November)
Click here to download the registration form
[Office]+2721 4220205 | [Fax]+2721 4247965
1st Floor, Unit 5, Rozenhof office court, 20 Kloof Street, Cape Town, 8001
www.southernhemisphere.co.za twitter:@southerhemis Linkedin Facebook