OpenUp is facilitating a two day training course on Sourcing and Cleaning Data for Storytelling.
The course will cover both theory and hands-on practical work that will equip the Learner in the usage of open online tools in order to find, extract, clean and transform data into a format that is ready for analysis and data storytelling.
Two free seats are available for CSO's!
Now, more than ever, everything in the world around us is being captured as data. The data storyteller needs to be able to navigate the many formats in which it's made available, and to find, clean and reshape data, before being able to make sense of, and find stories within it.
This course is aimed at candidates who are currently working with data, or who want to begin working with data in order to:
- source data through a deep online search and the exploration of open data portals
- author Data Profiles for the purposes of verification
- Use open online tools to clean data for analysis and data story finding
- find and fix inconsistencies on data
- organise and manage datasets through the data cleaning process