Sustainable Development Network (SDN)
The Sustainable Development Network (SDN) is a networking nonprofit company which provides access to information, research, publications and best practice case studies related to sustainable development.
Many South African community projects would be non-operational without volunteers. Exploring factors that influence the recruitment and retention of volunteers is valuable in order to develop context-specific guidelines for efficient, time and cost-effective recruitment and retention strategies. This workshop will address all relevant factors from volunteer motivation and expectations, to the organisational support that is required to sustain volunteer participation. Attendees will also have the opportunity to develop their own context specific volunteer recruitment and retention frameworks.
- Identify factors that contribute to a volunteer-organisation fit
- Understand volunteer motives and expectations and how to align these to organisational goals and objectives
- Develop an effective context specific recruitment and retention strategy by applying the MECS volunteer management model.
This seminar will be valuable for managers of volunteers, project and programme staff, MER staff, organisational leaders that would like to include volunteers in their staff complement and support staff that work with volunteers.
Venue: Rosebank Union Church, Sandton Corner William Nicol & St Andrews Rd, Hurlingham, Sandton
To view the live map please visit: http://rosebankunion.org/campus-map
Dates: 30 January 2018
Starting Time: 08h30 registration
Ending Time: 16h30
You must pre-register to attend this event!
To register please email the completed registration form (attached) to Henriette: email@example.com 083 709 6162.
- Early Bird Registration (payments made before 17 January): R1,125 per person per day.
- Late Registration (after 12 January): R1,325
- Costs cover venue, catering and presenter fees. Costs do not cover travel or accommodation.
- Cancellation fees apply - please read cancellation policy below.
The workshop includes formal presentations, discussions, group work and exercises.
Course Materials - What You Will Go Away With
- Activities sheets
- Pen and paper
- All presentations and resources on CD
- Course Certificate
For more information, contact: Henriette firstname.lastname@example.org 083 709 6162