Social Enterprise Academy Africa
Social enterprise is an international movement characterised by organisations that trade to earn income, but also achieve social and environmental benefits. Because of this, social enterprise is becoming increasingly popular in South Africa as a way to create positive social impact without reliance on donor income.
This practical programme will introduce you to the wide range of income-generation models used by successful social enterprises around the world. It will also provide you with the space and time to reflect on how to implement these best practice models in your own organisation.
How to make money and do good
- Explore social enterprise models that combine social impact with financial sustainability
- Learn from best practice social enterprise models around the world
- Explore how social enterprise can bring about social change
- Learn from real-life experiences from social entrepreneurs
Time: 09h00 to 16h00
Dates: 10 November 2017
Location: cape town
On this programme you will:
- Develop your understanding of the value and purpose of social enterprise.
- Explore the relationship between social enterprise, NPOs and traditional business
- Gain an overview of the legal structures available and identify a wide range of possible revenue models
- Explore the challenges of balancing social and environmental aims with revenue generation
- Discuss real life examples of social enterprise
This programme is designed for individuals who are considering setting up a social enterprise, for NPOs who are considering transitioning from a donor-dependent model to income-generation, or those who would like to explore how their business benefits society.
For more information, contact Surika Behrens - Social Enterprise Academy, Business Development Officer, 021 447 2556 | email@example.com
For more about Social Enterprise Academy Africa, refer to www.socialenterprise.academy