Social Enterprise Academy Africa
How to make money and do good.
- Explore social enterprise models that combine social impact with financial sustainability
- Learn from best practice social enterprise models around the world
- Learn from real-life experiences from social entrepreneurs
- Explore how social enterprise can bring about social change
- Consider next steps and use your learning to drive a social enterprise forward
Understanding Social Enterprise
Social enterprise is an international movement characterised by organisations that trade to earn income, but also achieve social and environmental benefits. Because of this, social enterprise is becoming increasingly popular in South Africa as a way to create positive social impact without reliance on donor income.
This practical programme will introduce you to the wide range of income-generation models used by successful social enterprises around the world. It will also provide you with the space and time to reflect on how to implement these best practice models in your own organisation.
On this programme you will:
- Develop your understanding of the value and purpose of social enterprise
- Explore the relationship between social enterprise, NPOs and traditional business
- Gain an overview of the legal structures available and identify a wide range of possible revenue models
- Explore the challenges of balancing social and environmental aims with revenue generation
- Do you run a for-profit business and are looking for ways to create more social impact through your business?
- Do you run a social enterprise or are considering starting one?
- Are you a public sector official looking to understand more about what social enterprise could bring to the communities you serve?
- Are you an NPO leader who wants to learn more about making the transition from donor dependency to income generation and financial sustainability?
- This programme is for you!
Time: 09h00 to 16h00
Dates: 19 to 20 September 2017
Cost: R1300 for ANDE members (R650/day)
R1800 for other attendees (R900/day)
For more information, contact Surika Behrens - Social Enterprise Academy, Business Development Officer, 021 447 2556 | email@example.com
To Book: http://www.andeglobal.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1004388&group
For more about Social Enterprise Academy Africa, refer to www.socialenterprise.academy