Academy for Quality Healthcare (AQuaH)
Why is quality improvement in health care systems so difficult? Why is it so challenging to bring in new and better ways of organising health care services? Many reasons have been put forward: lack of money; lack of appropriate or complete knowledge; excessive and perhaps unnecessary regulations; and entrenched professional opinions and interests. This course suggests that the main reason is complexity. Health care systems are inherently complex, with many interconnected activities and processes, and thus difficult to measure, analyze, change and improve. Over 2 days, this course will help you to understand some of this complexity, showcase some simple methods that can help you improve the quality of health care services and point towards resources that can be used to further your knowledge and understanding.
All healthcare practitioners and management teams.
On-site or off-site education through a comprehensive Quality Improvement guide developed by experts in the field supported by a 2 days interactive contact sessions.
The following topics are covered under this programme:
- Learn about what quality and process improvement entails, especially in a health care setting
- Understand how quality improvement can lead to better outcomes for staff and organisations, including patients and/or customers
- Gain confidence to start and lead a quality improvement project within your organisation
- Learn how to access additional support and get others to join in
- Understand how quality improvement can help you deal with the complexity in organisational systems, using health care systems as a case study, and how to improve in key areas while not worsening others
- Understand how systems modeling and analytics techniques support
- Participants will be assessed on self-study and group activities of the course through means of a portfolio of evidence for capstone project to:
- Identify an area for improvement from their primary workplace
- Write clear and concise improvement plan using root cause analysis and the model for improvement
- Interpret and apply the principles from the QI guide and toolkit
To qualify for the certificate of completion for this short course, participants should fully attend the training as well as successfully complete the assessment process.
Health care professionals, Managers, Administrative Support and anyone involved in improving the Health Care.
Accredited according to the HPCSA ’s Medical and Dental Board Guidelines for Healthcare Professions for Level 1 = 2 Ethics and 5 Clinical CPD Points
COURSE FEE AND VENUE
R 2499,99 costs for participants. Space is limited to a maximum of 20 delegates per workshop. To avoid disappointment, please book early
To book, please email: Training@aquah.org or call 013 754 6534. For more information visit: http://www.aquah.co.za/academy-for-quality-healthcare-7.html