Enterprises at University of Pretoria
Presented by the Graduate School of Technology Management, University of Pretoria
The Toolkit on Registration and Management of a Non-Profit Organisation workshop will teach you how to start a Non-Profit Organisation (NPO). This workshop is a comprehensive information session on starting a NPO in South Africa.
- Research - Is there a need for your NPO? How many other organisations are already doing similar work? Is this the right solution for the community you plan to serve?
- The registering process - The different legal options for registering a NPO.
- Governance - Selecting a Board of Directors and their role and responsibilities.
- Sound financial management practices for NPO
- Ethics and accountability
- Strong leadership
- Marketing and fundraising
The course will be presented as a workshop where you will be provided with:
- A toolkit on how to start and register their NPO
- An overview of the challenges there may be to manage an NPO and how to overcome this
- Guidelines on how to find funding for your NPO, and
- Guidelines on how to market your NPO
Who should enrol?
This course is ideal for you if you are a community member or student that wants to start your own nonprofit organisation.
R1 180.00 per delegate (VAT incl.)
Course fees include all course material and refreshments.
Course fees must be paid in full 14 days prior to course start dates. Proof of payment can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective delegates should at least have a Grade 12 certificate.
Accreditation and certification
Enterprises University of Pretoria (Pty) Ltd is wholly owned by the University of Pretoria. As a public higher education institution, the University of Pretoria functions in accordance to the Higher Education Act 101 of 1997.
Enterprises University of Pretoria offers short courses on behalf of the University and these short courses are not credit-bearing, and do not lead to formal qualifications on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) – unless stated otherwise. Delegates who successfully complete a short course and comply with the related assessment criteria (where applicable) are awarded certificates of successful completion and/or attendance by the University of Pretoria.
Registration and enquiries
Tel: +27 (0)12 434 2559
Cell: +27 (0)82 882 0550