Africa is faced with severe food and drought issues. In response, governments and private companies have invested heavily in Africa’s agriculture value chains in recent years, paving the way for a renaissance in Africa’s agri-food systems that multiplies the options for farmers and food processors in terms of farm activity options, technology adoptions, the markets they can now tap into, and the information services now available to help them optimize their business activities.
Various stakeholders from government and industry have come up with suggestions and solutions to ensure food security and agro-processing has been marked, through various programs, as a viable solution to grow local agriculture and ensure the development of competitive markets locally and competitiveness globally.
It is from this perspective that AMC International is hosting an exclusive Agro-processing Investments & Technology Summit, which is scheduled to take place from the 29th to the 31st of August 2017 and the Premier Hotel, OR Tambo, Johannesburg.
Some of the features of this Summit include:
- Expert led Investigations and information sharing sessions on creative water efficient production processes and drought and heat resistant crop options to counter drought
- Engagements with policy makers on the creation of conducive environments for agro-business success
- Interactive analyses of Investment opportunities and constraints in the local agriculture and agro-processing industries, including live Investable Project pitches
- Exploring the evolving and strategic involvement of women and young people in agriculture and agro-processing activities
- Case Studies on Organic Food production, use of nuclear science in beef production, and SMME development in agro-processing
- Government Funding & Initiatives
- Vermiculture Workshop presented by Award-winning Waste-to-Food
- Public-Private Partnerships: Delivering Strategic Solutions the sector
- Aquaculture Workshop hosted by Aquaculture Innovations
- Demonstrations and Interaction with Future Technologies towards transforming local farms into ‘smart’ farms
This Summit will explore and expose countless opportunities - both obvious and subtle opportunities – along the food production value chains.
It is not to be missed!
For an opportunity to participate in solution development discussions, engage topical issues in the industry, make new business connections, share and acquire latest relevant information, immediately book your seat at this Summit.
Please contact Nelly Mpofu on +27 (0) 11 341 1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.