Communications Advocacy Project
The Communications Advocacy Project is a tribe of specialists passionate about using media, communications and technology to as strategic tools to advocate for access, equity and justice. We believe in the collective power of building communities through collaboration with organisations, social justice movements, community-based networks and activists to develop intersectional communications strategies, media tools and accessible technologies to advance human rights work.
The Communications Advocacy Project invites media, communications, marketing and advocacy practitioners to an exciting workshop on Social Media For NGOs.
Date: June 2, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Cost: R950 (lunch is provided)
Location: Braamfontein, Johannesburg
Contact: Kumkani: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations: No refunds
Deadline for Registration: May 15, 2017
This workshop is ideal if you are responsible for developing a social media strategy, or tasked to execute or deliver on a social media plan for your organisation.
The workshop will focus on three specific core areas:
- Developing a practical social media strategy that complements your organisations overall core mission and values.
- Exploring social media tools and strategies relevant to the social, economic and cultural contexts your organisation operates in.
- Using measuring metrics to track impact of your social media work.
What you will learn:
- Identifying a primary internal goal to drive your organization’s use of social media
- Finding Your Voice: Giving Your Social Media a fitting orgnisation personality
- What are the ideal social media channels to effectively leverage for your organisation, as well as how to properly develop your online social media accounts and profiles
- How to create an editorial / content calendar and the tools to manage your social media program and ongoing postings
- Developing Online Engagement Campaigns
- Proven Ways to Get More Engagement on Facebook
- You will leave with practical tools and techniques to help you and your organization manage and deliver a comprehensive Social Media strategy successfully
This social media training workshop is also an invaluable opportunity for you to connect with other organisations. Even if your organisation has a strong social media presence, you can always learn new tips, tricks, and skills!