Intex Management Institute
Intex Management Institute was registered in 1983. We have been offering a wide range of HR management training programs for both NGOs and CBOs, large and medium organizations in the public and private sectors. Some of our clients are: New Kenya Co-operative Creameries, Tana and Athi Rivers Development Authority, National Housing Corporation, Thika Water and Sewerage Company Limited, Kenya National Library Service, Crown Berger Kenya Limited, National Hospital Insurance Fund, Kenya Pipeline Corporation, Nairobi County Government, Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organization and Kenya Power and Lighting Company among others.
Project Management Course
Project management is the application of processes, methods, knowledge, skills and experience to achieve the project objectives. It is the initiation, planning and control of a wide range of tasks required to deliver this end product. Essentially, it is aimed at producing an end product that will effect some change for the benefit of the organisation that instigated the project.
This project management course covers the activities in each of the five processes of Project Management (PM), namely Initialising, Planning, Executing, Controlling and Closing.
The aim of this course:
This will provide learners with skills and competences on the best practices in project planning, project performance and management as well as project controls.
- What is project management
- Concepts of project management
- Project initiation overview
- Project planning, implementation, control and close
- Scheduling and planning
- Effective implementation and completion of project
- Project implementation constraints
- Project budgeting
- Development of work plan
- Approaches of project management cycle
- Logical framework
- Project indicators
- Risk analysis
- Project monitoring and evaluation
By the end of training the learners will learn how to:
- Clearly define project scope and management
- Develop a realistic schedule which meets the project constraints
- Prepare a plan, understand its purpose and why it comprises more than just a schedule
- Identify the project’s quality objective and implement appropriate controls to ensure they are achieved
- Develop status reports which reflect reality
- Identify and continually manage risks which could derail the project
- Manage stakeholders to ensure they remain committed to be involved in the project
- Build effective teams which are committed to the project goals
- Evaluate performance of the team
- Estimate and control project budgets
Who should attend?
The course is designed for project managers, project leaders, project team members, engineers, project procurement staff, project accountants and all those who have the responsibility for project management.
- All training materials will be availed through online or distance learning
- Your commitment time: 5 – 6 hours per week
- Learn at your own time schedule
- You will receive weekly feedback from our committed instructors
- You are expected to submit weekly assignments electronically
- At the end of the course you will be issued with a certificate
- You will be required to use email, upload and download documents in word, power point or PDF format
- Send assignments by email
- An offline DVD or hard copies of the training materials may be sent to those who do not have access to the internet.
Course materials, Exercises and templates will be provided.
Students are required to test their own learning by completing exercises and tasks for each unit of the course.
Students will be required to submit four assignments to demonstrate their understanding of the course content.
Course Duration: 8 weeks (2 months)
Target Region: Global
Course Fee: USD 400
General Contact: Email: email@example.com