Intex Management Institute
Intex Management Institute was registered in 1983. We have been offering a wide range of Human Resource Management training programs both online and open workshops, building capacity to enhance effective service delivery for both NGOs and CBOs such as Action Aid, WorldHealthOrganization, Amref, USAID,National Aids Control Council,InternationalCommittee of the Red Cross. We have also worked with large and medium organizations in the public and private sectors, National Hospital Insurance Fund, Kenya Pipeline Corporation, Nairobi County Government, Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organization And Kenya Power and Lighting Company among others.
Procurement and Supply Chain Management
Procurement is the process of getting goods and /or services your company needs to fulfill its business model. A supply chain consists of everybody involved in getting the goods and/or services to the end user.
- Introduction to procurement
- Procurement and organizational strategy
- Procurement and managing change
- Procurement planning
- Tendering process
- Writing specifications and terms of reference
- Selection of methods (RFQ, ITB and RFP)
- Preparation of solicitation documents
- Bid receipt and opening
- Evaluating bids and proposals
- Tender evaluation
- Selection criteria
- Tender negotiations
- Contract approval process
- Committee submissions and approvals
- Contract award and management
- Contract management terms and skills
- Risk management
- Supplier relationship management
- New supplier engagement
- Contracts administration and contract management
- Contract law
- Monitoring supplier performance
- Procurement ethics
- Supply market analysis
- Engaging and managing stakeholders
- Performance monitoring
- Dispute management
- Ethics and integrity in procurement
The learner will be able to:
- Describe the principles of effective procurement process and strategy
- Understand the process of effective procurement projects
- Carry out procurement planning and stakeholder management
- Write specifications and effective terms of reference (TOR)
- Understand procurement methods (RFQ,ITB, RFP)
- Select advertisement method and type of competition
- Understand do’s and don’ts when drafting bidding documents
- Invite and evaluate bids and proposals
- Practice ethics and integrity in procurement
- Understand what rules and procedures apply to and public procurement
- Appreciate the relevance of these rules and understand why they exist
All heads of department in organisations, General Managers, Finance Managers, HR/Administration Management, Teams in Research and Development, Operations, Technical, Commercial, Fleet Management, Audit, Security, Sales and Marketing, Project Management, Communications and Public Relations, Bank Officers, Credit Control, Company Secretaries and Legal Advisors, Contractors, Procurement and other who want to enhance their skills in strategic and business planning.
- All training materials will be availed through online or distance learning.
- Your commitment time: 5 – 6 hours per week.
- Learn at your own time schedule
- You will receive weekly feedback from our committed instructors
- You are expected to submit weekly assignments electronically
- At the end of the course you will be issued with a certificate
- You will be required to use email, upload and download documents in word, power point or PDF format
- Send assignments by email
- An offline DVD or hard copies of the training materials may be sent to those who do not have access to the internet
Course materials, exercises and templates will be provided.
Students will be required to test their own learning by completing exercises and tasks for each unit of the course.
Students will be required to submit four assignments to demonstrate their understanding of the course content.
Course Duration: 8 Weeks (2 Months)
Target Region: Global
Course Fee: USD 400
General Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org