Intex Management Institute
Intex Management Institute Limited was established in 1980 to offer Human Resource Management Consultancy and Training Services for both large and medium organisations in the public and private sectors. Intex Services Limited was incorporated to provide specialised Human Resource Development Services (Training), as well as Consultancy in Baseline Surveys and Market Research Surveys. As part of its social responsibility Intex Community Support Initiative (CBO) was established to provide community support services to the needy.
Monitoring is an ongoing task to track progress against planned tasks. Monitoring aims at providing regular oversight of the implementation of an action in terms of input delivery, work schedules and targeted outputs. The data generated through monitoring is used for evaluation.
Project Evaluation represents a systematic and objective assessment of ongoing or completed projects or programs in terms of their design, implementation and results. Evaluation deals with strategic issues such as program/project relevance, effectiveness, efficiency in light of specified objectives as well as project impact and sustainability.
Course Duration: 8 Weeks (2 Months)
Target Region: Global
Course Fee: USD 400
This course will equip you with the necessary knowledge to collect, tabulate and interpret data and information in an organised manner which will guide management decisions in the M& E process.
The course content will cover the following:
- Concepts of monitoring and evaluation
- Problem analysis
- Result based management
- Monitoring and evaluation readiness assessment
- Monitoring and evaluations frame work
- Types of framework
- Selecting indicators
- Outcome statements
- Data collection, capture and quality checks
- How to define data quality, quantitative and qualitative methods and data analysis
- Techniques for monitoring and evaluation
- Preparation and implementation of monitoring and evaluation
After completing the course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of monitoring and evaluation
- Appraise and determine best fit monitoring methods
- Appreciate evaluation in the context of development work
- Understand the framework of analytical categories of evaluation
- Undertake a problem analysis
- Determine relevant indicators and data necessary for evaluation
- Prepare for and implement a monitoring and evaluation process
- Develop a data indicators grid
M&E Officers, Project Accountants, Finance Managers, Project Officers and Managers, Project Planners and Analysts, audit staff and anyone interested in improving their monitoring and evaluation skills in NGOs and the private sector.
- All training materials will be availed through online or distance learning
- Your commitment time: 5 – 6 hours per week
- Learn at your own time schedule
- You will receive weekly feedback from our committed instructors
- You are expected to submit weekly assignments electronically
- At the end of the course you will be issued with a certificate
- You will be required to use email, upload and download documents in word, or PDF format
- Send assignments via email
- An offline DVD or hardcopies of the training materials may be sent to those who do not have access to the internet
- Course materials, exercises and templates will be provided.
- Students are required to test their own learning by completing exercises and tasks for each unit of the course.
- Students will be required to submit four assignments to demonstrate their understanding of the course content.