Social Enterprise Academy
The Social Enterprise Academy provides powerful learning and development for people and organisations so that they can increase their social impact and ensure financial sustainability.
This practical programme aims to build on your existing understanding of social enterprise whilst developing the skills you need to enhance your business plan and drive forward your organisation.
Location: Cape Town
Dates: 15 & 16 March 2017
Time: 9am - 3.30pm
Duration: 2 days
Contact: Tabisa Zaza
Telephone: 021 447 2556
Price: R500 (highly subsidised)
Social enterprises are a great opportunity to make a real difference in engaging communities and creating sustainable social impact.
You will get the opportunity to explore the real-life challenges of your organisation with the support both the group and the tutor in the room. This programme encourages space and time to reflect and develop your business plan.
During this programme you will:
- Develop your understanding of the value and purpose of social enterprise
- Explore the relationship between social enterprise, traditional NPOs and traditional business
- Gain an overview of the legal structures available and identify a wide range of possible revenue models
- Explore the challenges of balancing economic demands with social and environmental aims
- Discuss real life examples from social enterprises based around the world and visit a local successful social enterprise to learn from their experiences