Tlamela Community Aid NPC
Date: 9 March 2017
Venue: Durbanville Conference Centre, 1st Floor Durbanville Town Centre, 27 Wellington Road, Durbanville (Cape Town)
Time: 09:00 – 16:00
Date: 30 March 2017
Venue: Killarney Country Club, 60 Fifth Street, Lower Houghton, Johannesburg.
Time: 09:00 – 16:00
Tlamela Community Aid presents a unique and practical fundraising workshop, based on actual experience in the South African context. The workshop will focus on three essential issues:
- How do I actually go about raising funds successfully in the current demanding economic climate?
- How do I market my organisation and use social media to benefit not only the organisation, but also my fundraising efforts?
- What does the donor expect from me?
- To provide a better understanding of the South African fundraising environment.
- To learn and touch up on the basic and more advanced principles of successful fundraising.
- To plan, implement, manage and administer a fundraising campaign.
- To learn the fundamentals of proposal writing, donor research and donor reporting.
- To learn how to compete successfully in a highly competitive environment.
- To prepare a practical marketing plan and learn how to utilise it to the benefit of your organisation.
- To learn how social media, advertising, publicity, direct marketing, public relations and promotions can support your fundraising efforts.
- To learn how to prepare a proposal and manage the budget.
- To learn what donors expect from fundraisers – direct from a corporate donor.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This workshop is essential for the professional development of both less experienced and experienced fundraisers, fundraising managers, NPOs, volunteer fundraisers, part-time fundraisers and all those who wish to upgrade their skills and acquire new insights into this highly competitive and satisfying business. Excellent reports and feedback have also been received from churches, marketers, schools, clubs, welfare organisations, NGOs and various institutions that are partly or wholly dependent on outside funding. In fact, this workshop is a must for people involved in the management of welfare organisations. We are sure that you will face the challenges of fundraising with renewed enthusiasm, confidence and knowledge.
Chris Windell: He has been in fundraising for more than 40 years, in South Africa and abroad. He is a prolific presenter who has been associated with tertiary institutions, welfare organisations, NGOs, schools and clubs. He is also the author of three books, including the current Fundraising - The Complete Guide (order on www.tlamela.co.za).
Sinki Mlambo: She is currently the Communications Manager at Revlon and also responsible for the marketing and communications of the very successful cancer awareness and education programme, Cancervive.
Christoff Swanepoel: He is the CEO of Black Noah, a social media company with a diverse group of clients including Revlon, ODJ Events and Cancervive. He focuses his efforts on social media, brand management and creative business consulting.
Nicole Solomon (Johannebsurg): She has extensive experience in the fields of marketing management and corporate social investment across Academia, Professional Services Firms and Manufacturing. She currently holds the Group CSI Portfolio for AECI Limited. She is in the process of pursuing her PhD in CSI.
Guest Presenter (Durbanville): The speaker will be a current donor from the Corporate Sector.
PRICE IS R1600 PER DELEGATE AND INCLUDES
- Registration coffee/tea
- Midmorning refreshments
Tick the appropriate box of the venue you will attend:
o Cape Town 9 March 2017 o Johannesburg 30 March 2017.
To download the registration form, click here.