Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS)
The Finding Funding Programme has been designed to provide you with the knowledge and tools you need to build the right types of finance to your organisation, to make it work.
The environment for social enterprises is changing fast – grant funding? Impact investing? BBBEE? Venture philanthropy? This programme brings together experts in each of these fields, to tell you where the environment is going, how you tap into it, and the most important of all – whether you should.
You will meet funders from different financing organisations, work with the GIBS team to develop your funding models, pitch for funding and leave with a unique strategy for the next five years.
The programme will cover:
- BBBEE – Enterprise development and SED, how to benefit from the new codes
- Introduction to impact investing
- Governance and legal structures
- Business modelling
- Grant funding masterclass
- Funding panels
- How to pitch for funding and communicating your value proposition
Who should attend the Programme
This four and half day programme is essential for social entrepreneurs, nonprofit and business leaders looking to negotiate and navigate the complexity of the fast-changing funding environment in South Africa. Fundraising, business development and BBBEE managers will also find this programme vital with its specialist focus. This is a practical programme where you will be able to apply your learning back into your organisation. GIBS also recommends this programme for CSI practitioners to build their toolkit to support organisations to sustainability, or they can sponsor leaders from beneficiary organisations to attend.
How you will benefit
At the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- Identify and understand the new funding landscape for non- profits and social enterprises;
- Use the new BBBEE and Enterprise Development codes effectively;
- Understand impact investing and how your organisation can leverage this concept;
- Pitch to funders
- Benefit from Endowments and Legacy Funding
|When:||The programme is divided into two blocks. Block one will take place on 24 -26 August and block two on 22 – 23 September 2016.|
|Cost:||R8,000 subsidised rate|
|Venue:||Gordon Institute of Business Science, 26 Melville Road, Illovo Sandton.|
011 771 4261
To register on the website : https://www.gibs.co.za/programmes/the-centre-for-leadership-and-dialogue/pages/finding-funding.aspx