University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business
Executive Education at the University of Cape Town (UCT) Graduate School of Business (GSB) is rated and respected internationally for the calibre and style of its leadership and management development programmes.
Its original and interactive courses are ideal for the new generation of leaders wanting to engage with the challenges of doing business in emerging markets. They cover a broad spectrum of interests, from general management issues to industry-specific programmes to suit every taste.
A practical, accessible introduction to accounting and finance. The Finance for Non-Financial Managers programme at the GSB is a participative, four-day finance course that is designed for non-financial managers who want to learn more about how finance works in business. Through case-studies and group learning, delegates will gain the tools to analyse and understand the financial performance of their organisation, as well as the confidence to participate in financial conversations and planning - crucial to organisational success.
Is this course for me?
If you are a team leader, an entrepreneur, manager or engineer working in any area of the business and you want to learn more about how the numbers work, this short finance course offers immense value. This finance course is ideal for beginners and no prior exposure to accounting or finance is necessary.
- Learn the language of accounting and finance;
- Be able to read and interpret an organisation’s financial statements and explore their limitations;
- Gain insight into key measures of financial performance;
- Learn to identify problems and inefficiencies at work;
- Get to grips with analysing cost behaviour and financial performance and contribute to improving the financial performance of your organisation;
- Participate in creating a financial plan;
- Gain invaluable knowledge and confidence in how business works; and
- Be able to engage confidently with financial professionals.
This short course runs twice a year in Cape Town on the GSB campus.
For more information please contact the Executive Education department at the UCT Graduate School of Business on 0860 UCT GSB or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates: 17-20 October 2016
Application deadlines: 9 September 2016
Tuition fee: R17 850
For more information, refer to www.gsb.uct.ac.za/e.asp?c=831.
For more about the University of Cape Town, refer to www.uct.ac.za.