MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS-TCDC)
MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS-TCDC) is a training centre for development cooperation in Eastern and Southern Africa. MS-TCDC is situated close to Arusha in Northern Tanzania. The Centre offers regular courses in current development topics and methods.
MS-TCDC is conducting a course on Public Policy and Research Skills from 6-10 June 2016 and 3-7 October 2016.
The overall objective of this course is to facilitate knowledge sharing leading to the understanding of the interaction between government and governance; transmit knowledge and skills for policy analysis, advocacy and research and familiarize participants with the basic principles and methods of research, and hypotheses development.
- To facilitate knowledge sharing leading to the understanding of the interaction between government and governance; politics and economics; and how these relate with public policy;
- To transmit knowledge and skills for policy analysis, advocacy and research as well as strategically communicating findings to policy makers in a politically sensitive terrain; and
- Familiarise participants with the basic principles and methods of research, developing research hypotheses and action plans for policy research.
- Understanding Government and Governance;
- Understanding Advocacy;
- Public Policy: Its definition, policy cycle;
- Policy analysis, policy work in constrained political space;
- Political economy of policy work;
- Research Approaches and Types: Theory and practice.
Participants to acquire skills and knowledge on how to:
- Analyse public policies and use identified gaps to advocate for policy reforms;
- Design and carry out scientific research studies that can inform evidence based policy analysis;
- Utilise communication skills more strategically;
- Communicating Policy Research in a Politically Sensitive Political Terrain
Public and Private sector leaders and programme staff whose work interacts with policy analysis and advocacy.
Tuition Fee: US$350
To sign-up for the course, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz/application/application-public-policy-research-skills-0.
To download the application form, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz/sites/default/files/tcdc/PDF/appl_ngo.pdf.
For more information, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz/course/public-policy-research-skills.
For more about MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz.