Management Accounting for Non-Governmental Organisations
The Management Accounting for Non-Governmental Organisations (MANGO) is a United Kingdom-based non-governmental organisation (NGO) that helps aid agencies, NGOs and nonprofits to work more effectively.
MANGO’s mission is to strengthen the financial management and accountability of NGOs and their partners.
MANGO has established a reputation for delivering high quality training, staff recruitment, consultancy and best-practice guides.
MANGO is conducting a course on Financial Management for Successful Programmes from 15-16 November 2016 in London, United Kingdom.
This intensive and fast-paced course equips INGO programme managers with the skills and confidence to strengthen financial management practice in their projects.
The course is designed for non-finance programme managers and project officers of international NGOs who manage or directly implement projects. A background in finance is not required for this course.
This is a companion course to Assessing Your Partners' Financial Health for Programme Managers who implement programmes with local partner NGOs.
This course is not suitable for finance staff or local NGOs - see MANGO’s Getting the Basics Right course as a suitable alternative.
By the end of the training, you will:
- Create a fully-costed project budget using the activity-based budgeting technique;
- Build a phased project budget from a project activity plan;
- Use a funding grid to manage multiple-donor funded projects;
- Use budget monitoring reports to review and manage project progress; and
- apply key policies and procedures needed to safeguard project cash and equipment.
- Describe the Four Building Blocks of Financial Management and the role they play in achieving good practice in financial management in programme implementation;
- Describe the key organising tools of a financial system, including the Chart of Accounts and Cost Centres.
- Appreciate that you do not have to be a trained accountant to understand and use financial management tools;
- Recognise the role of financial management in achieving project objectives.
For more information and to register, refer to www.mango.org.uk/training/successfulprogrammes.
For more about the Management Accounting for Non-Governmental Organisations, refer to www.mango.org.uk.