Wits Reproductive Health & HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is one of the largest research Institutes of the University of the Witwatersrand and part of the Faculty of Health Sciences. Established in 1994 as the Reproductive Health Research Unit (RHRU), the Institute was formed on 1 October 2010 through a merger with Enhancing Children s HIV Outcomes (ECHO).
Wits RHI is conducting the Advanced Clinical HIV Management course from 9-20 May and on 7-18 November 2016 in Johannesburg.
The aim of this two-week course is to provide doctors with regional HIV treatment knowledge and expertise, by developing clinicians’ abilities to effectively manage HIV complications and provide leadership in HIV prevention, treatment and care.
Time: 7h45 - 17h00
Daily attendance is compulsory.
The minimum criteria to apply:
- A medical degree as a minimum level of acceptance;
- Experience in the field of HIV Management and treatment; and
- Willingness and ability to apply knowledge in current work situation and future career.
Entry on to the course is subject to:
- Meeting the above mentioned applicant profile; and
- A pre-assessment minimum 70 percent achievement, as well as
- A selection committee decision.
Course Fees: R9 800
- An amount of R8 000 covering costs of all materials and refreshments during the course;
- An additional non-refundable deposit fee of R1 800; and
- Fees are payable on acceptance to participate on to the course.
Once selected to participate on the course, participants are responsible for the following:
- Domestic/International travel and return airport transfers (if applicable);
- Visa costs (if applicable);
- Travel/Medical insurance (if applicable); and
- Other costs while on the course: laundry, telephone charges, room service/ additional meals not covered by the course, etc.
Should you feel that you meet the minimum requirements for entry on to the course and are able to fund your participation, request further information from the programme coordinators Tshepo Mashao using the following contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications open 08 February and close on 04 March 2016.
For more about the Wits Reproductive Health & HIV Institute, refer to www.wrhi.ac.za.