MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS TCDC) is a Training Centre for Development Cooperation in Eastern and Southern Africa. We are situated close to Arusha in Northern Tanzania (East Africa). Throughout the year different courses and workshops run concurrently in a lively international atmosphere promoting sharing of experience and cross cultural discussions. Excellent facilities together with a quiet and pleasant atmosphere make it an ideal place for reflection and learning.
The overall objective of this course is to facilitate knowledge sharing leading to the understanding of the interaction between government and governance; transmit knowledge and skills for policy analysis, advocacy and research and familiarize participants with the basic principles and methods of research, and hypotheses development.
MS TCDC is conduction a one-week course on Public Policy and Research Skills from 15-19 February, 6-10 June and 3-7 October 2016 in Arusha, Tanzania.
To facilitate knowledge sharing leading to the understanding of the interaction between government and governance; politics and economics; and how these relate with public policy.
To transmit knowledge and skills for policy analysis, advocacy and research as well as strategically communicating findings to policy makers in a politically sensitive terrain.
Familiarise participants with the basic principles and methods of research, developing research hypotheses and action plans for policy research.
- Understanding Government and Governance;
- Understanding Advocacy;
- Public Policy: Its definition, policy cycle;
- Policy analysis, policy work in constrained political space;
- Political economy of policy work;
- Research Approaches and Types: Theory and practice.
Participants to acquire skills and knowledge on how to:
- Analyse public policies and use identified gaps to advocate for policy reforms;
- Design and carry out scientific research studies that can inform evidence based policy analysis;
- Utilise communication skills more strategically;
- Communicating Policy Research in a Politically Sensitive Political Terrain.
The course is aimed at public and Private sector leaders and programme staff whose work interacts with policy analysis and advocacy.
Course Fee: US$350
To sign up for the course, refer to
To download the application form, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz/sites/default/files/tcdc/PDF/appl_ngo.pdf.
For more information, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz/course/public-policy-research-skills.
For more about MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz.