The Parent Centre
The Parent Centre is conducting a Parenting and Leadership training course from 22 July - 16 September 2015 (Every Wednesday) in Wynberg.
The Parenting and Leadership aims to equip professionals, community leaders of other NPO’s, CBO’s, FBO’s, parent bodies, or community workers who already have some experience in working with adults and/or facilitation, and who wish to become more involved in parenting work in their communities or organisations.
Positive Parenting skills as well as Facilitating Parenting Groups are covered. It comprises of nine weekly sessions of four hours each. Twenty five CPD points for registered social workers and social auxiliary worker.
- Understanding children’s behaviour
- Understanding children’s feelings
- Building children’s self esteem
- Assertiveness and engaging cooperation
- Effective discipline
- Problem solving
- Enhanced self awareness
- Awareness of yourself as a facilitator
- Dealing with difficult group dynamics