Turning Point Consultants
Turning Point Consultants (TPC) in conjunction with Independent Newspapers Community Projects and Iqraa Trust - SA, invites you to attend our workshop on "Managing Your NGO from a Tax Perspective".
Presented by sector specialists, including Mr Hoosen Agjee (author of the books “Tax Benefits for the Non-Profit Sector” and “A Guide to the New Companies Act & Non-Profit Organisations”), who between them have more than 35 years experience working with NPOs.
Our workshop will focus on:
Legal Structures & Administration
- Legal forms & structures for NPOs;
- New Co’s Act & Sect 21 Co’s;
- Statutory documents;
- Registration with Government;
- Benefits and obligations.
Understanding the Tax Environment
- Demystifying tax terminology & meanings;
- PBO registration requirements;
- PBO advantages and benefits;
- Partial taxation (and other benefits);
- The impact of Section18A.
Venue and Dates
- 19 March 2013 - Richards Bay: The Pelican Hall, ZCBF Community Park, Alton, Richards Bay;
- 26 March 2013 - Durban: Independent Newspapers, 18 Osborne Rd, Greyville;
- 27 March 2013 - Port Shepstone: Country Club, Old Main South Coast Road;
- 11 April 2013 - Pietermaritzburg: Pietermaritzburg Chamber of Business, Chamber House, Royal Showgrounds, Extension of Chief Albert Luthuli Road.
- 16 April 2013 - Pretoria: Colosseum Hotel, 410 Schoeman Street (cnr Du Toit Street), Arcadia, Pretoria
- 23 April 2013 - Cape Town: Executive Venues, Kromboom Gardens, Kromboom Road, Rondebosch East
Time: 08h30 to 16h00 (including tea and finger lunch)
Cost: R750 excl Vat for NGOs and R 1 500 excl Vat for others. This includes:
- Complimentary copies of our 2 books “Tax benefits for the Non Profit Sector” and “A Guide to the New Companies Act & Non-Profit Organisations”;
- A quick reference tax brochure;
- Course material;
- A free NPO Needs Analysis and Compliance Evaluation of your organisation; and
- A free SANGONeT Development Calendar.