- Malamulele OnwardPlease note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.Opportunity closing date:Friday, April 4, 2014Opportunity type:Employment
Malamulele Onward seeks to appoint a Chief Operations and Funding Officer, based in Children’s Memorial Institute, Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
The successful candidate should be an exceptionally successful, energetic and vibrant Chief Operations and Funding Officer who has the unique ability to ensure the smooth overall management of the organisation whilst diversifying the donor base and attracting further funding. The Officer should be a people person with a proven track record of managing people as well as implementing a successful fundraising strategy and you enjoy thinking out of the box, Malamulele Onward invites you to apply to join its dedicated, dynamic and loyal team.
This is a one year contract post, renewable dependent on funding
Starting Date: Immediately
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the sound and efficient functioning of Malamulele Onwards’ operational infrastructure;
- Finding solutions for all aspects of operational problems on a day-by-day basis;
- Managerial oversight of Malamulele Onwards’ operations to ensure that human and financial resources are used effectively to implement the organizational strategy;
- Ensuring consistency and quality of all services provided by the organisation;
- Dealing with HR matters;
- Establish and maintain a professional work ethic and setting the tone for team spirit and interpersonal relationships;
- Mentor and coach administrative staff;
- Diversify the donor base through identifying and generating new key funders;
- Build successful long-term sustainable funding relationships from initiating identifying potential funding sources, proposal writing and funder contact to report writing and maintaining strong long-term donor relationships;
- Build relationships with relevant district, provincial and national health departments.
- Tertiary degree in marketing, business management, or similar;
- Minimum of seven years experience in operational management, funding, and donor-relationship management;
- People skills;
- Proven skills in performance management, financial management, and monitoring and evaluation;
- An understanding of and the ability to cope with the complexity of running a nonprofit organisation;
- Leadership and networking skills;
- High proficiency in drafting proposals and funder reports;
- Positive and flexible attitude, drive, passion and energy;
- Ability to travel and have own transport;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Applications should be addressed to:
Dr. Gillian Saloojee
Tel / Fax: (011) 484-9456
Mobile: 072 483 5766072 483 5766
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Malamulele Onward thanks all applicants, however those only selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you do not hear from Malamulele Onward within four weeks of the closing date, you should consider that your application was unsuccessful.
For more about Malamulele Onward, refer to www.malamuleleonward.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.
- Malamulele OnwardPlease note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.Opportunity closing date:Wednesday, December 12, 2012Opportunity type:Employment
Malamulele Onward seeks to appoint a Senior Administrator and Communications Coordinator, based at its offices in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
If you are a team player, who is highly motivated, enjoys a challenge, compassionate, and willing to share in the varied workload of the organisation, Malamulele Onward invites you to apply to join its dedicated team.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a strong interest and commitment to the vision of Malamulele Onward and proven skills.
- Administrate and coordinate logistics for outreach visits (e.g. travel, accommodation, liaison with volunteers, correspondence);
- Administrate the manage the appointments and logistics for children coming to the Malamulele Onward offices for short courses of therapy;
- Compiling newsletters;
- Keeping the website updated;
- Assisting with compiling reports and funding and grant proposals;
- General administrative tasks including but not limited to ordering office supplies, filing, answering the phone, checking voice messages, responding to e-mail enquiries;
- Attending and taking minutes of all board meetings;
- Coordinating volunteers;
- Providing administrative support for special events such as board meetings, open days and fundraising events.
- Diploma/degree in administrative, marketing or communications studies and a minimum of two years experience;
- Experience in office administration;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Proficiency in basic website administration and social media;
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask, manage time and prioritise with minimum supervision;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills;
- Communication and marketing skills;
- Fluency in one or more African languages;
- Experience with a nonprofit organisation;
- Fundraising and the ability to perform basic tasks in Adobe Photoshop will be an asset.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 072 483 5766.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Malamulele Onward, refer to www.cpchildren.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.