NGOs, Donors, Development Consultants and Corporate Contacts
Prodder stands for "Programme for development Research" - an initiative that started in the 1980s. One of the key elements of this programme was the development of a comprehensive directory of the various NGOs and civil society organisations working towards social transformation in South Africa.
The original directory ceased publication in the early 2000s. However, the ills of poverty and social injustice still prevail and the role of NGOs remains a vital element of any society. For this reason, SANGONeT identified a gap in the local NGO information landscape and the SANGONeT team decided to resurrect Prodder as an online database.
A United Front
From a global perspective, local NGOs are increasingly required to provide a comprehensive and united presence in order to inform our audience and win additional support for the work that we are doing. The Prodder database is one such tool by which to create a centralised platform for all NGOs and other stakeholders who are working towards a common goal - the upliftment of our society and the protection of our hard-won freedom.
Adding your NGOs details to the Prodder database is free of charge. You can even contact our offices for assistance and we will guide you step-by-step on how to upload your information. It costs you nothing and can lead to a number of benefits, such as:
- The opportunity to build your reputation in the NGO sector.
- Establishing contact with NGOs similar to yours, globally.
- Unsolicited approaches from grantmakers and volunteers.
- Mobilisation of peers located in your geographic region.
- Access to over 170 donors who are also listed on the Prodder database.
- The contact details of experts with specific skills and knowledge.
Where to Go
To find out more about the Prodder online directory, click here.